Ingredients for 3 serving
- 300g shrimp
- 5g garlic finely chopped
- 5g ginger finely chopped
- 2 spring onion cut into fine pieces
- 15g chili bean sauce
- 15g tomato sauce
- 30ml water / broth
- 5ml soy sauce
- 15g fermenting rice wine agent
- 1 teaspoon Rice vinegar
- Peanut oil for frying
- ½ tablespoon egg (beaten)
- 5g fine tapioca starch
- 5ml rice wine
- Sprinkle of salt
- Clean and remove shells from the shrimp and add some salt to the shrimps and mix well, leave for a mins and rinse with water. Add the marinating ingredients after drying the shrimps with paper towel. Leave aside to marinate for 10-15 mins.
- Heat up some peanut oil to 170 °C and add the shrimps into the hot oil and immediately switch off the heat. Once the shrimps changed colour and turn red/orange, remove them from oil and leave aside to let the excess oil drip.
- Heat up a frying pan or wok, add 1 teaspoon of oil to sauté ginger and garlic first, then add chili bean sauce, tomato sauce, and water / broth of your choice and bring to boil.
- Add soy sauce, and fermenting rice wine agent (fermented sweet rice) and mix well.
- Add the fried shrimp to the sauce and shimmer until the sauce reduced and thicken.
- Add spring onion and stir fry quickly and add rice vinegar to the edge of the pan or wok before switching off the heat.
- Serve with rice or noodles and enjoy!