Ingredients (4 Servings)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 inch piece of ginger, thinly sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, halved
- 3 king oyster mushrooms, cut into bite size pieces
- 30g oyster mushrooms
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine
- 1 teaspoon shiitake mushroom sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup Thai basil whole leaves (or use normal basil if there's no Thai basil available)
- 1 red chili (dried for fragrance and fresh ones for more heat)
- Heat up vegetable oil and sesame oil in a wok with medium high heat. When oil is hot, add ginger and garlic. Cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms. Saute until slightly soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, rice wine, shiitake mushroom sauce and water, and turn the heat to high. Continue simmer the mushrooms in sauce until the sauce reduce to 1/4.
- Turn off heat. Add basil leaves and red chili. Mix well. The heat of the food will wilt the basil leaves.
- Serve with a BIG BOWL of rice. Enjoy!