Ingredients per serving
- 200g salmon belly
- 1 tbls white miso paste
- 1 tbls mirin
- 2 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoon tamari soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger mince
- Mix the marinate ingredients well and place the salmon in it. Leave the salmon marinating for 1 hour in the fridge.
- Preheat oven at 200°C
- Remove the salmon from fridge and let it come closer to the room temperature.
- Remove the salmon from the marinate sauce. Add 2 tablespoon of water into the sauce for later use.
- Heat up a frying pan and add a little cooking oil, place the salmon flash side down to grill for roughly 3 mins for the stripy pattern to show, then turn to the skin side and fry for another 3 mins.
- Move the salmon to an oven tray (skin side down) and bake in the oven for 8 mins.
- Brush the marinate sauce on top of the salmon and bake for another 5 mins.
- Serve with sprinkles of sesame seed.
NOTE: mirin is sweet rice wine, it contains glucose which will burn easily. Once the marinate sauce is added, keep a close eye on the salmon and remove it if it’s burning.
Using a frying pan that can go into the oven will be prevent the salmon to break during transition.
You may also try this recipe using air fryer and play with the setting as each one will be different.