- ½ lb thinly-sliced pork belly.
- ⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp kosher salt
- ½ lb kimchi
- Carot, cumcumber, and beansprout
- 1 Tbsp oil
For the Seasonings
- 1 Tbsp sake
- 1 Tbsp kimchi juice (it's the juice from the kimchi jar)
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp roasted sesame oil
- sesame seeds
Gather all the ingredients.
- Cut the kimchi into smaller pieces with a knife or a pair of scissors.
- Cut the vegetables in strips and small pieces.
- Cut the thinly sliced pork belly into 2-inch (5 cm) pieces.
- Season the pork belly slices with salt and pepper.
Preheat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add the sesame oil, spread it evenly, and then add the pork belly slices.
- Stir-fry the pork with a blunt-end wooden spatula until it is no longer pink. If your pork belly has rendered too much fat, you can wipe off the excess oil in the pan with a paper towel.
- Add the vegetables to the pan.
- Stir-fry until the vegetables are slightly tender, about 2-3 minutes. Then, add the sake and mix well.
- Add the kimchi and stir to mix with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the kimchi juice and soy sauce. Stir-fry until there is no liquid left in the pan, about 1 minute.
- Drizzle the sesame oil on top and mix it all together.
- Transfer the stir-fry to a serving plate or individual plates, sprinkle some white sesame seeds for garnish. Serve hot with steamed rice.